Forestry Demo Site for Decision Making in Drake, CO
1) Organize partners and community leaders to develop a CWPP foundation that identifies fuel mitigation needs, community capacity, and emergency preparedness.
2) Work with 7 landowners in the Cedar Park area near Drake Colorado to complete forest mgmt. demonstration sites to help inform landowner decision-making and increase landowner skill sets in fuel management.
Targeted Performance Measure
- Fuels Reduction/Forest Restoration: 20.00 acres
- Homes within influence zone of treatments (homes): 8
- Conditional Reduction in Home Loss Value: $0.00
- Conditional reduction in home loss (homes): 8
- Community Protection and Fire Response
- Forest Health and Resilience
Accomplishments are modeled through Peaks to People’s Watershed Investment Tool and Co-benefits Module. Conditional metrics do not account for the probability of fire. Expected metrics account for the probability the treated area is burned by wildfire. For more information, please visit https://peakstopeople.org/our-solutions/
Project last updated 1/18/2022